Jesus Alone is Worthy
Where is it written?
Read Revelation 5
- What did John hear - then what did John see?
- How was what he saw different from what he might have expected?
- Why is the Lamb uniquely worthy to open the scroll?
- What did the Lamb's death accomplish? (See verses 9 & 10)
- How do the living creatures, the angels, then all creatures do in response to the Lamb?
How goes your walk?
- How does Jesus' sacrifice cause you to think differently about greatness?
- How do you worship Jesus?
- What holds you back from worshipping more?
Biblical Symbols in This Passage:
- 7 = Completion/ Perfection (7 days in a week)
- 12 = Authority / Perfection (12 Tribes, 12 Apostles, 12 loaves etc.)
See Isaiah 6 and Ezekial 1 for previous throneroom visions.
Some commentators believe the three non-human-faced creatures symbolize the leaders within the animal world. The lion (king of wild animals). The ox (king of domesticated animals). The eagle (king of the birds).
- Values Throughout Our Study of Revelation:
- Expect literal future fulfillment. But be careful about predictions!
- Look for past fulfillment.
- Look for timeless biblical symbols, truths, and principles.
- Be teachable.
- Read Revelation (Bonus - Read Daniel 7-12)
- Develop and Deepen a Christian Worldview
- Focus on the Finish Line (Memorize Revelation 21:1-4, 22:1-5)