Avoiding the Beast (Chapters 13-14)
Where is it written?
- Review Chapter 12. What happens earlier in the vision?
- Read 13:1-9. What is happening? What was the beast allowed to do?
- (Read 17:7-14 for interpretation of what the heads represent.)
- Read 13:10. How are Christians called to respond to this threat?
- Read 13:11-18. What does the 2nd beast do?
- Read 14:1-5. Who's mark is on the heads of the 144,000?
- (Read Deuteronomy 23:9-10 & 2 Samuel 11 for insight into how chastity was part of battle preparation.)
- Read 14:6-11. Notice the final chances to repent.
- Read 14:12-13. How are Christians called to respond to the situation? What does this passage imply is about to happen?
- Read 14:14-20. Where does the harvest happen?
- (See Isaiah 9,11,42,53 & 63 for insight into the "winepress." See Hebrews 13:11-14 for insight into the significance of being "outside the city.")
How Goes Your Walk?
- How are Christians today tempted to "worship the beast?"
- What does a life of "patient endurance and faithfulness" look like today?
- How does Revelation shape your outlook on events today?